Is your sales representative ready?

0
203

Is your sales representative ready?

Most sales executives are proponents of need-based consulting sales and believe that effective sales calls revolve around customer-centric conversations rather than traditional sales channels.

If you spend time at the scene of the sales team’s work, you will soon find that although the two-way dialogue with customers effectively is vital to success, but each time the important sales calls eventually contains at least a key task presentation.

80/20 sales time rule

The most successful sales calls are usually 80/20 rules: 80% of meetings are spent on two-way conversations with clients, and the remaining 20% is a demonstration. These introductions are not necessarily formal, but are often performed poorly or completely avoided by key sales moments. They include the following:

Quickly introduce the company’s background and credentials.

The first meeting introduced the company’s unique perspective on industry trends and issues. This helps to form the agenda for the remainder of the meeting.

An exercise in important sales support tools.

Customer demand summary and advice steps in the purchasing process.

Share case studies and case studies to show how successfully solving similar customer problems in the past.

Demonstrate your product or service in front of the buyer.

Most sales representatives also need to be prepared for a formal presentation in the field and online environment.

Although only 20% of the sales time is spent on presentation, 80% of the value of most sales calls comes from effective presentations from sales teams. To some extent, the presentation is the real moment of each sales phone, deciding the success or failure of the client meeting.

Evaluate your team presentation skills

You can evaluate them by looking at their capabilities in three key areas:

Focus: will they let the executive buyer sit down for the first two minutes of each key interaction in the sales cycle?

Executive presence: do they build credibility and trust, especially when confronted with tough questions from administrative buyers, effective eye contact, body language and verbal expression?

Preparation: they can plan a strong execution of a variety of presentations, and they must motivate their executive buyers to support their recommendations?

Unfortunately, most sales representatives will fail at least one area, if not all. At the critical turning point in the sales cycle, the executive buyer began to disengage, losing interest and confidence in the news. This has led to predictable obstacles to the progress of the purchase process.

How to get your sales team to demonstrate readiness

Turning a sales rep into a successful demonstrator can be challenging. Providing important presentations to administrative buyers can be incredibly stressful. Simply telling or demonstrating how your sales representatives do will not help overcome their fears, eliminate bad sales habits or improve sales performance. The solution is to be as close to the challenge as an effective sports coach.

Think about your favorite sports team. Whatever the sport is, victory depends on the ability of its players to display and use strategic skills on the field. The same goes for effective sales presentations.

The key to success on the day of the game is field practice and feedback. Integration into training and sales management is critical when preparing a presentation for a sales representative. Like a successful sports coach, your sales trainer and manager need to provide multiple opportunities for their team:

Practice in a simulated environment the most rigorous demonstrations they have to make in a sales call.

Speed up your skill acquisition by using video feedback to check your behavior

Receive constructive feedback about their performance and try again until successful behavior becomes secondary.

For most sales representatives, the “practice is playing” ratio is less than one. But when you’re ready to sell, the lesson learned from the scene is clear: if it doesn’t happen in practice, it won’t happen.

If it doesn’t happen in practice, it won’t happen on the spot.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here